Re: [Mldonkey-users] newest cvs Version, but very slow download

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] newest cvs Version, but very slow download
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:59:49 +0200

Hi

>> The question is not to fake it, this would on the long run destroy
>> the network because it *was* a leecher tool. Using mldonkey <1.99b5,
>> you had an unfair advantage compared to the official donkey.
>> this has been partially stopped with the lugdunum servers, and now,
>> with coop of lugdunum, the mldonkey is more server/community-friendly.
> Meaning that mldonkey 2.0 won't be banned from lugdunum servers?

AFAIK - If you let mldonkey >= 1.99b5 create a clean download.ini (with
the correct timings), then: Yes, it works.

But it can not be "banned" either. Lugdunum-servers are just looking at the
traffic of a client, and if there are too many requests in a very short
time, you're blocked. This happens to Windows-eDonkey-Users with the
"Bot", too.
And I think this is the right way to create a fair base for every user.

-Roland

-roland