Re: [Mldonkey-users] make depend

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] make depend
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 12:55:50 +0200 (CEST)

>  A lot of people (including me) seem to forget make depend, even
>
>  though it has been make clear that mldonkey needs a make depend
>
>  before make. Can it not be made so that it does this automatically?

The problem is that the dependencies have to be known by the "make"
program while building mldonkey, so we can't ask him to compute them
just before. We need to calls, so that the second one has the dependencies.

Another solution might be to allow the configure script to
automatically build the dependencies or print a warning at the end to
remember that "make depend" is the next command ...

- MLDonkey