Re: [Mldonkey-users] donkey servers

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] donkey servers
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:03:43 +0200 (CEST)

>    Now I let mldonkey run just at night, because i tooks ALL my bandwith
>    at day and I can't browse anymore. But now cvs 5-10-02 doesn't
>    connects any edonkey server at all. I type 'c' but mldonkey doesn't
>    care and with zero servers I can't search anything 8(. It would be
>    great to have some readable output from the core like "trying to connect
>    server xyz" or "server xyz refused connection"
>    to be sure mldonkey is doing something.

You can use "strace -p <pid>" to check if it does something. Normally,
it should often call "poll" or "select", and some "read"/"write" between
them. If it is not the case, something is wrong. In fact, I had a
strange behavior this morning: I started mldonkey, and it just did
nothing (no connections to servers nor clients, nothing). I could
connect to it and control it, but it wouldn't connect anymore. I
restarted it and it worked immediatly normally ...

>    Hope someone got the same problems or can help me. '?' shows me
>    about 30 commands and I don't know where to read about their use.
>    for example whats the meaning of jg 'join master server' and how do
>    i use it?

These are mldonkey-server commands, and should probably be removed
when server is disabled.

- MLDonkey