Re: [Mldonkey-users] can't kill mldonkey

From: Rune
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] can't kill mldonkey
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:05:42 +0200

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 22:15, Rainer Krauss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wednesday, October 9, 2002, Rune wrote:
>
> R> When I issue the 'kill' command from either of the gui/telnet interfaces
> i get R> an error, 'exception Sys_error("Broken pipe") for message
> KillServer', so I R> have to kill -9 <pid> and that's bad I hear.
>
> when mldonkey runs about 10 hours i get an exception too when i try to
> kill from telnet, "I/O error, can't write" or something like that.
>
> I dont know if that realy helps but i do a "pause all" in telnet wait
> a little to get the files stoped and then first a "kill -SIGHUP" again
> a little wait and then "kill".
>
> Just a guess. I had no loss since i do it like this, but mabe just luck.

You might also want to issue a 'save' in the telnet interface.

I solved my problem, but I'm not sure that these two things are related.  I
start mldonkey in an init-script in /etc/rc.d/init and it used to be fine to
start it with 'mldonkey&', but now it required 'mldonkey>/dev/null
2>/dev/null&' in order for me to shut it down properly.

BTW, what's with the mlchat-thing? Is that only for mldonkey<->mldonkey chat
sessions?

/rune