[Mldonkey-users] The bad, bad mldonkey community

From: Steffen Solyga
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] The bad, bad mldonkey community
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 01:36:18 +0100

Citing Pierre Etchemaite (Tuesday, 2002/11/05 16:31)...

> Looks like mldonkey discussions are no longer welcome on that forum...

Oops, seems as if the eDonkey network becomes political... or just
commercial?
Is there anybody out there knowing about the "harm" mldonkey does
or did to the network? Isn't it just a proof of the original protocol/
client/ server beeing poorly designed? Or does mldonkey its work
ineffectively in deed? If the last is the case, are there so
many mldonkey clients out there that this could do a harm?
Don't think so -- otherwise, fine, let's create a new protocol!

I followed that "lugdunum banned" discussion and really didn't
understand the problem. If mldonkey should really behave like a
DoS tool, why don't these guys cure their clients/servers? It's
just like the boring discussion on security holes -- should we
publish or not... From my point of view, there are only three
possible reasons:
a) There's personal hate against mldonkey or/and its creator(s),
b) there's no will to improve the protocol/server or
c) the jealous creators want to keep the network closed.
Assuming the last...