Re: [Mldonkey-users] Feature request: Display all search results in GUI

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Feature request: Display all search results in GUI
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:48:23 +0100

Andre Hinrichs wrote...
> But that would only solve the 'problem' when mldonkey does not crash...
> Unfortunately, this happens sometime, especially when the IP changes.

echo "* * * * * donkey nogroup /bin/checkproc /usr/bin/mldonkey || \
/usr/bin/mldonkey & >/dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/crontab
This just came to my mind...

> But let's bring discussion back...
> Wouldn't it increase usability, if mldonkey remembers search results?
> They would not need much space. Perhaps a lifetime is also good for that.

ACK! Please add this to the feauture wish-list

> So if I send a search request mldonkey would immediately remember all files
> it has ever found. I think, this would make life easier, wouldn't it?

This would make mldonkey to some kind of database of edonkey
links...much cpu power needed...there should be an option to disable
that on slow machines!

Martin
--
GPGKEYID=6E6C3431 / SERVER=WWWKEYS.DE.PGP.NET
BOFH excuse : error: one bad user found in front of screen