[Mldonkey-users] Still a few bugs

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Still a few bugs
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:16:25 +0100 (CET)

Hi

I just wanted to sum up the bugs in the 2.00+2. Perhaps mldonkey will take
the time and fix it. :-)

Please post your comments on these issues.

1) I have update_server_list set to false and added n servers I want to
use. A few days later I have about 2000 servers. I have no web_infos added
and the server list keeps increasing. I think this happens by received
server IPs vom other mldonkeys (propagate_servers?).

2) The are plenty entries in my serverlist which doubled over time. Some
exist there 30 times (I mean the description of the server, with 30
different T-Online IPs). I have max_server_age set to 1, and they
shouldn't be there. remove_old_servers doesn't help, too. These duplicate
IPs can't be active, because their age is >1 day (and T-Online DSL
forcefully disconnects after 24h. In the servers description it is even
mentioned that they're based on T-DSL). Why are they still there? I think
it's a bug in the serverlist management (like point 1 above)

3) The Upload management is still a mess. Without any download of mine and
only sharing, the max_hard_upload_rate is perfectly at the value it should
be. I tested 3,4,5,..10,..12. As soon as I add ONE download, the upstream
collapses over time, regardless of the max_hard_upload_rate setting. I
think the bytecounter of the upload management ignores any requests. This
should be fixed. Many mldonkeys I know of decrease max_hard_upload_rate
because mldonkey is killing their line. But this doesn't help so they
decrease further and further. They still have 14k/s outgoing, but 12k/s of
them are requests or answer to those. This sucks. We have to get this
upload management fixed. Perhaps it's just called wrong. We should add an
max_hard_upstream_rate which means every byte going up, not just the
chunks.

4) Please re-implement a chunk display in the telnet interface. As you can
see by many requests this is needed for third party frontends (e.g. php).

Awaiting your replies..

Roland