Re: [Mldonkey-users] Still a few bugs

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Still a few bugs
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:01:07 +0100

Le Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:16:33 +0100, René Gallati <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> > I think this happens by
> > received server IPs vom other mldonkeys (propagate_servers?).

propagate_servers is used to send your server list to a static IP (see
donkeyProtoCom.ml). Now, if mldonkey leaves the INRIA, I guess it will
definitely never work...

> you get one server with
> every peer that you contact or from every peer that contacts you.

That case seems to be handled correctly in donkeyClient.ml:

      if Ip.valid t.CR.ip_server && !!update_server_list then
        ignore (add_server t.CR.ip_server t.CR.port_server);

(twice)

> Also, whenever you connect to a server, that server sends you a list of
> all the servers it knows, so you additionally get some (more) servers
> there.

Seems to be handled too, in donkeyServers.ml:

  | M.ServerListReq l ->
      if !!update_server_list then
[...]

With Lugdunum servers, you can even avoid receiving the list if you insert
"nolistsrvs" in your client name.

> > 2) The are plenty entries in my serverlist which doubled over time. Some
> > exist there 30 times (I mean the description of the server, with 30
> > different T-Online IPs). I have max_server_age set to 1, and they
> > shouldn't be there. remove_old_servers doesn't help, too. These
> > duplicate IPs can't be active, because their age is >1 day (and T-Online
> > DSL forcefully disconnects after 24h. In the servers description it is
> > even mentioned that they're based on T-DSL). Why are they still there? I
> > think it's a bug in the serverlist management (like point 1 above)

mldonkey has a really hard time finding servers that don't reject it, my bet
is that the list is not cleaned, because if it was, there would be less than
200 servers remaining; Look at the core output, you may find message like:

REMOVE OLD SERVERS
Not enough remaining servers: 128
REMOVE OLD SERVERS DONE

> > 4) Please re-implement a chunk display in the telnet interface. As you
> > can see by many requests this is needed for third party frontends (e.g.
> > php).

It seems this feature has been disabled (the code is mostly still there, but
commented out) because it conflicts with the multinet feature (chunk display
in edonkey specific).