RE: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey eating up all memory again

From: Chris Gossmann
Subject: RE: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey eating up all memory again
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:13:54 +0100

Good Morning,

sorry for this long mail ... I haven't fixed it, but I'm monitoring
Mldonkey's memory consumption and restart it if it gets to high
with the following script:

Mldonkey.sh:
#!/bin/bash
if [ -e /Scripts/mld.pid ]
then
    rm /Scripts/mld.pid
fi
ps -A > /Scripts/mld.pid
while read line
do
    if [ "${line:23:8}" = "mldonkey" ]
    then
        pid=${line:0:4}
        echo "'$pid'"
    fi
done < /Scripts/mld.pid
if [ -z "$pid" ]
then
    while read line
    do
        if [ "${line:24:8}" = "mldonkey" ]
        then
            pid=${line:0:5}
            echo "'$pid'"
        fi
    done < /Scripts/mld.pid
fi
if [ -z "$pid" ]
then
    cd /MLdonkey2
    rm *.tmp
    ./mldonkey > mldonkey.log 2> mldonkey_error.log &
    exit 10
fi
if [ -e /Scripts/mld.mem ]
then
    rm /Scripts/mld.mem
fi
top b -n 1 -p $pid > /Scripts/mld.mem
if [ ${#pid}=4 ]
then
    while read line
    do
        if [ "${line:61:8}" = "mldonkey" ]
        then
            echo "'${line:28:4}'"
            if [ "${line:28:4}" \> "300M" ]
            then
                cd /Scripts
                bash commands.sh | telnet 192.168.6.1 4000
                cd /MLdonkey2
                rm *.tmp
                ./mldonkey > mldonkey.log 2> mldonkey_error.log &
                exit 20
            fi
        fi
    done < /Scripts/mld.mem
fi
if [ ${#pid}=5 ]
then
    while read line
    do
        if [ "${line:62:8}" = "mldonkey" ]
        then
            echo "'${line:29:4}'"
            if [ "${line:29:4}" \> "300M" ]
            then
                cd /Scripts
                bash commands.sh | telnet 192.168.6.1 4000
                cd /MLdonkey2
                rm *.tmp
                ./mldonkey > mldonkey.log 2> mldonkey_error.log &
                exit 20
            fi
        fi
    done < /Scripts/mld.mem
fi
exit 0

... and you need commands.sh in the same directory:
sleep 3; echo kill; sleep 3; echo exit;

... For any reason kill_mldonkey is no longer working for me since >=
v2.0.

If anybody would let me know, if there's an easier way to do this?!
I'm a newbie to linux, so don't blame me on my bash coding. =;-)

Cheers,

Chris

PS.: Mldonkey v2+2 is up and running since yesterday afternoon without
Any need to restart it.