Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey eating up all memory again

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey eating up all memory again
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:31:49 +0100

Chris Gossmann wrote...
> The memory consumption seems to relate directly to number of files in
> your download queue and number of sources Mldonkey found four these
> files.

Well thats no suprise! Of couse it depends on number of files and
found sources. What else do you think mldonkey is doing the whole
time???? Just take a loot at your files.ini and you see the data
mldonkey has to manage all the time.

> On my system depending the memory usage 'jumps' between 11 and 260 MB
> depending on number of sources configured in downloads.ini and sources
> really found.

approx memory usage = number_of_files x max_souces_per_file x
data_of_each_source

> Maybe you should reduce max_sources_per_file. Did some testing and found
> out that there's no difference in terms of download speed running with
> 200 or 500 max_sources_per_file.

Thats true for well spead files...

and please : NO FULL QUOTE!

Martin
--
GPGKEYID=6E6C3431 / SERVER=WWWKEYS.DE.PGP.NET
BOFH excuse : The vendor put the bug there.