Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey eating up all memory again

From: Steffen Solyga
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey eating up all memory again
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:14:51 +0100

Citing MLDonkey User (Monday, 2002/11/18  0:18)...

> i compiled todays cvs tree with the same result as with the last mldonkey
> i played with.
> after starting mldonkey it starts to eat up all memory until the system
> kills the process and mldonkey dies with
>
> Fatal error: out of memory.

Had the same problem with the 2.0+2 (current cvs-version) on debian
sarge. 256MB is definitely too much; we're running mldonkey with about
20MB for weeks now.
On our system the solution was to install the current (sid) ocaml
package -- it's the original ocaml tarball with A LOT of patches
applied. I don't know for what reasons these patches were necessary,
however, they definitely were.

Steffen Solyga
mail: address@hidden
www : http://www-tet.ee.TU-Berlin.DE/solyga/