Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: can t connect to server

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: can t connect to server
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:41:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi

> BTW, the whole eDonkey network is in bad need of written down specs,
> validated by all participants (client writers, server writers, indexing
> service writers...). I they were specs, we wouldn't wake up in the
morning
> and find that our beloved client cannot connect anymore.

Yeah, but there's nobody who knows the protocol better than Jed. And we
all know his opinion (closed source. even now, where enough people have
reverse engineered the protocol).

>> Anyone knows when mldonkey will come back? We need development. :-)
> If you want something more "bleeding edge" than CVS 2.00+2, you can try
> this patch:
>       http://concept.free.free.fr/mldonkey/
> But some fixes may require mldonkey, at least if you want them soon ;)

Wow. I looked over it, looks good. Who is pango? Does he read this list?

>> Well, the server list of mldonkey was every time I can think of way
>> greater than it should be. I can remember times of 25k+ servers (22k
>> of them were dead, though).
> Already answered in this list, list cleaning is not done when less than
200
> servers would be kept, so yes that another problem caused by Ludgunum.

Why is this caused by lugdunum? I don't get it - for me this is clearly a
bug of a client.

-Roland