Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: can t connect to server

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: can t connect to server
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:01:32 +0100

Le Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:30:41 +0100, Sven Hartge <address@hidden>
a écrit :

> Having a possibility to see the current used upload slots (client, IP,
> username, file, etc.) would be nice. Or does this already exist and I am
> only to blind to see it?

"Lush" posted some code in forums, that adds several commands to
mldonkey. They allowed to see the list of uploaders, with filename being
uploaded, and also command to request then browse their share list, and even
kick them from the upload slots.

I only included the first command (see the list of uploaders, with
the filenames), and it is already enough to see that the max_upload_slots is
not perfectly enforced; Sometimes you have more uploaders than expected ;)
Say 14 or 15 when you have set the limit to 10...

Reading the source, it's easy to understand why (mldonkey doesn't really
keeps an accurate count of uploaders, it just let people "enter" when
they're less uploaders than max_upload_slots, then it serves all the
requests it receives). It's not so terrible, but it could be abused, I'm
afraid...