Re: [Mldonkey-users] low downloadrates, a new solution for the new probl

From: sLoP
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] low downloadrates, a new solution for the new problem?
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:59:58 +0100

Hi BendAR,

On Tuesday, November 26, 2002 you wrote:

[low download-rates]
> The sources aren't the problem.
> Does anybody know, what's the problem? Is mldonkey blocked on all servers or
> what?

I have exactly the same problem. I have some files in my queue that
are VERY popular, mldonkey shows me (via "mldonkeywatch" GUI) 100%
availability and the sources climb as high as I set my
max_sources_per_file to (even higher). The mldonkeywatch GUI even
shows me that some sources are transfering, but there is virtually no
reasonable incoming data. ;) I played with "max_opened_connections"
and "max_sources_per_file" values with no luck at all. Nothing
reproducable.

My experience is that SOMETIMES the download rapidly raises when i
edit my files.ini and temporarily remove all other file except the one
file i "really" want to download (and know it is popular and has
enough sources and is 100% available). With a little luck the download
rate climbs up to my linespeed. But of course it's a hell to edit the
files.ini again and again. (btw. maybe you get the same result by
pausing all other downloads, dunno)

Thank god I am not the only one having trouble with my downloads. :)

Maybe my information helped somebody or someone can finally solve this
riddle....

cya,
sLoP