Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] low downloadrates, a new solution for the new pr

From: Oliver Heering
Subject: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] low downloadrates, a new solution for the new problem?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:06:11 +0100

Hi Andreas,

On Tuesday, November 26, 2002 you wrote:

>> I'm behind a router and forward TCP 4660-4670 and UDP 4665 4670, but that
>> can't be the problem, months mldonkey run without any problems.

> I had that too. Then I changed my firewall to stop redirecting the 4666/UDP
> stuff and voilá! Connected to Adanet.

Hmm, that can't be the solution. Even without your suggestion to drop
new packets on udp/4666 (i run mldonkey on my router and left port
4666/udp completely open) i was getting connected to Adanet. I just
had to try it long enough.

Anyway I tried the following (just being curious):
  iptables -A INPUT -p udp -i ppp0 --destination-port 4666 -m state --state
NEW,INVALID -j LOG
and there wasn't such a real "flood" in my syslog. From time to time
(any 2 or 4 seconds) such a packet came in and it was about 33 bytes
in size. I can't imagine that this has such a bad effect to the
downloadrate...

But I will keep on trying. ;) Thanks for your hint.

cya,
sLoP