[Mldonkey-users] Server connections and speed issues

From: klaus imgrund
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Server connections and speed issues
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:03:53 -0200

I did play around a little bit over the last week - yes I do get bored.
I downloaded a file with about 1.4 gb and tried some things.
It seems that after a couple of hours download rate tends toward zero.If
I kill the client and restart then I get about 8kb for a while and the
whole thing starts to bottom out again.
I did stay disconnested for 2 days and then restarted the client with
the download halfway finished.Strangely enough I still had sources to
download from.I figured after two days those would be gone.Connected to
servers real quick,too.
Today I changed the protocol from 61 to 59 and connected to one server
afte 1 hr.
Killed the client and changed back to protocol 61.Got 3 servers in 5
minutes - two of those lugdunix.I don't know how far those are related
to lugdunum.
All the setting that are not default are:

max sources per download : 200
max upload slots : 10
min users on master servers : 500
maximal server age : 1
maximal source age : 2
upload/download is at 20/50 - never get the 50 but upload sure is full.

Prost,

Klaus