Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango20021129a: CPU comsumption heavily increased

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango20021129a: CPU comsumption heavily increased
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:52:11 +0100

Le Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:47:49 +0100 (CET), "Roland Arendes"
<address@hidden> a écrit :

> My compute_md4_delay is actually set to 0.66, based on the "Delay for MD4"
> average output in the console log. Is this a good way to set the value?

compute_md4_delay is the delay between the computing of two chunk hashes,
the "Delay for MD4" mldonkey displays is the time it needed to compute one
hash.

Since mldonkey is single threaded, it cannot to anything else when it's
computing a MD4 hash, so compute_md4_delay is there so it can catch up
with all the other activities (emptying some sockets, filling others,...)

There must be a lower limit for compute_md4_delay that will greatly
affect the good working of download and upload, but anything above depends
on the load you want to put on the system... (increase compute_md4_delay to
lower the system local)