Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to re-download files

From: Steffen Solyga
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to re-download files
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:29:17 +0100

Citing Ian Truelsen (Thursday, 2002/11/28 19:38)...

> I downloaded a file using mldonkey, but then lost it due to HD error
> before I had a chance to back it up. Now, I want to download the file
> again, but when I try, it won't go to the download queue, presumably
> because some setting recognises that I have downloaded it before.
>
> Is there a file that I need to remove or setting to modify in order to
> download this file again?

I'm not shure, but I expect the history.* files to store that information.
So kill mldonkey, remove the history files and start it again.
Also, there are two options (downloads.ini) influencing that behaviour:
use_file_history and save_file_history. Set both to false and the history
files are gone.
Hint: Don't edit downloads.ini while mldonkey is running because the
ini-files are overwritten periodically. Kill mldonkey for that or
use the command line for changing options, i.e.

set use_file_history false
set save_file_history false

Steffen Solyga
mail: address@hidden