Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to re-download files

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to re-download files
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 22:08:55 +0100

Steffen Solyga wrote...
> Citing Ian Truelsen (Thursday, 2002/11/28 19:38)...
> > I downloaded a file using mldonkey, but then lost it due to HD error
> > before I had a chance to back it up. Now, I want to download the file
> > again, but when I try, it won't go to the download queue, presumably
> > because some setting recognises that I have downloaded it before.
> > Is there a file that I need to remove or setting to modify in order to
> > download this file again?
> I'm not shure, but I expect the history.* files to store that information.

No - they are stored in downloads.ini. Search for
already_downloaded. Remove the hash of the file you want to download
again, but just like Steffen said you cant modify that file
while mldonkey is running. Or you could try the force_download
command. After entering the link to the telnet- or web-interface and
mldonkey complains *already downloaded*, type force_download. mldonkey
should accept this with *download forced*. It always worked for me but
some users seem to have a problem with forcing downloads....