[Mldonkey-users] Re: Protocol 61 or 59

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Protocol 61 or 59
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:42:43 +0100

Martin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sven Hartge wrote...

>> I made some tests and discovered protocol 61 is, by an order of a
>> magnitude, worse than protocol 59.
>> So, if you use the pango-patches and suffer from worse download rates,
>> please try to set the protocol to 59.

> Cant copy that!
> Me running with procotol set to 61 and having downloads consuming my
> whole line...also server conections are no problem...connected to 5
> servers after a few minutes.

Ok, I switched to protocol 61 again and after 2 hours still no server
connected, now download. After switching back to 59, 3 servers in 2
minutes, line filled with downloads.

But ...

Back to 61, 3 servers online after a few seconds, line full with
downloads shortly after.

So, _now_ I am confused.

S°

--
75 Things you don't want to hear from your Sys Admin.
57. You can do this patch with the system up...