Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:03:43 +0100

Le Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:20:01 +0100, Sven Hartge <address@hidden>
a écrit :

> One question: If a slot becomes free, how do you notify the client?
> Just initiate the connection yourself? Sending a message to the client
> stating he can connect now? What are the protocol specs for this
> situation?

You're right, this part of the specs aren't currently implemented in
mldonkey (since it doesn't have an upload queue).

My guess is that you just have to reconnect to the client, the protocol
between the two peers will be the same, but that time when received
the data transfer request, instead of queueing the peer (and sending a
queueing notification), since the client has an upload slot assigned, you
start uploading (just like if it came when they were free slots available
for uploading immediately).

It seems that mldonkey developed several protocol diagnostic/debugging tools
(in subdir "tools"), but they aren't documented (and I never tried protocol
reverse engineering so far)...