Re: [Mldonkey-users] more requests

From: devein
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] more requests
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 09:45:06 +0100

> > my requests:
> >
> > 1. remove "nu" command (disable upload during <m> minutes (multiple of
5) )
> >  this function stops mldonkey upload, to make some other things that are
> > bandwith-intensive.
> > To be fair, the download should be stopped too.
>
> Isn't that interlocked with your upload credits so its fair anyway?

not every donkey client is an eMule ;) , and it also is not strictly giving
as much as it receives.

> > 5 increase quota for emules (max_emule_slots) or remove quota (currently
> > see that mldonkey, not emule, is "taking" the upload that "should go" to
> > edonkeys..)
> > Total downloads:         2012548637
> > eMule:          626018484 (31.11 %)
> > Total uploads:         1453721951
> > eMule:          432400539 (29.74 %)
>
> 2% difference between up and down. That seems pretty perfect for me.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

compare it to "number of succesful connections" statistic.
using -21 uploads/downloads to emule are starting to be comparable to number
of succesful connections:
nEM :  "seen" = 82 %, DL : 1.35G -  "71%" , UL : 2.65G - "49%". I dont use
emule quota.
If I used emule quota, it would only cut UL,and DL % from eMule will only
slightly drop... which means some kind of "leeching" eMule...

devein