Re: [Mldonkey-users] similar chunks detection

From: Volker
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] similar chunks detection
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:58:24 +0100

Martin wrote:
> > I hope that it will exchange chunks between files, which are actually the
> > same but have different md5s ;)
>
> you surely mean md4s....

that's what i meant - sorry ;)

Brett wrote:
>I can't see any files having the same ~10MB in common, to be honest.
>Has anyone actually worked out how often this occurs, if at all?

As allready said, I've got those two files (same name, same size, different
md4). I really don't know if this occurs often, but in my case this feature
could help a lot.

by the way:
i've just tried the 'dup' feature from 2.02-25
it merged my two files (one had 60%, the other 92%).
now i've got 92% and 96% (some chunks seem to be different).

volker
--
Wer nur einen Hammer als Werkzeug hat,
sieht in jedem Problem einen Nagel (Abraham Maslow).