[Mldonkey-users] Problem with chroot/chdir/run_as_user

From: Sylvain LE GALL
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Problem with chroot/chdir/run_as_user
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:11:06 +0100

Hello,

I have compiled 2.04rc1(-0). I want to chroot and to run as user
mldonkey ( uid 107 ).
When i use run_as_user or run_as_useruid i always get a cannot find id
mldonkey and it stops.
Another things is that when i launch with run_as_user, it writes init
file with permission root.root.

What are the mechanism to chroot / write ini file / determine which user
to run ?
To my mind it could be :

determine id of user run_as_user ( or use run_as_useruid )

chroot

change the dameon owner to uid ( determine before )

write the ini file.

Another point :
I write a little program helper : mldonkey_options.

It enable you to edit configuration file of mldonkey directly. I use it
in the debconf of the debian package.
Features :
- mldonkey_options -f downloads.ini -g run_as_user => mldonkey ( for
  example )
- mldonkey_options -f downloads.ini -s << EOF
        run_as_user = mldonkey
        EOF
  writes run_as_user = mldonkey in the downloads.ini file.

I also want to use Md4 module to enable user add/remove/edit, but i did
not yet achieved to use lib/Md4... If someone ask me, i can go further
in this direction.

The program is entirely written in ocaml.

Thanks for reading.
Sylvain LE GALL