Re: [Mldonkey-users] Feature requst - download cache

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Feature requst - download cache
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:51:38 +0100

Le 14 Mar 2003 13:44:11 +0100, Michael Panteleit <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Goswin Brederlow <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > 1. zero out chunks on the disk before writing real data
>
> I thought this is already implemented. Pango wrote a patch for this
> behaviour. Didn't it enter CVS?

Yes, patch #1079, added Feb 7th (before 2.02-10), so MLdonkey is
already allocating disk space by full chunks (9500kB).

So either the disk was already fragmented (you should start from a disk with
contiguous free space, or lots of free space), or the way this patch works
is not efficient (but I fail to see why it could).

BR,
Pierre.