[Mldonkey-users] I spend all my time downloading corrupted rejected chu

From: lenny bruce
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] I spend all my time downloading corrupted rejected chunks.
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:39:26 -0800

First... the new web "html_mods" interface is really impressive... I wish I understood the increased information available from the web interface so I could use it. The GTK interface has improved too.

but my question is about trading corrupted data...

ed2k://|file|Bob Marley - The Complete Upsetter Collection.ace|
399348325|5D7A1EE6540269C538266EEBCB103F44|/

right now I'm receiving data on this bob marley file at an impressive 45kbps and I'm up to 68.1 percent... but in just a few seconds it'll drop back down to 66 percent and dump the data... then it'll start over again... verifying chunks is a quick trip back to 66 percent... but it goes back anyway

why does it have to download the chunk to discover that it's wrong?
why can't the other server tell us the hash for the specific chunk first?

I'm using those new anti-corruption options
"reliable_sources" and "corruption_handling"

what can I do to get this file?

why do people archive stuff in ace format? (okay, a mac-only complaint)

lenny bruce                        I am not a comedian,
address@hidden        I am Lenny Bruce.