Re: [Mldonkey-users] I spend all my time downloading corrupted rejected

From: nospam
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] I spend all my time downloading corrupted rejected chunks.
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 07:45:09 +0100

> and I'm up to 68.1 percent... but in just a few seconds it'll drop back
> down to 66 percent and dump the data... then it'll start over again...
> verifying chunks is a quick trip back to 66 percent... but it goes back
> anyway
>
> why does it have to download the chunk to discover that it's wrong?
> why can't the other server tell us the hash for the specific chunk
> first?

the server can't tell you chunk md4s, only clients - there seem to be
quite a some hacked emule clients around pretending having chunks but
sending compressed zero data to gain emule credits - i've seen one
sending 3gb of data, but nothing usable.

Emule has the same problem, it's just not telling you 150% or so - but
if you look at file details you can see e.g. transferred 600mb,
completed 500, lost due to corruption 100mb.