Re: [Mldonkey-users] BitTorrent Performance

From: allo . cine
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] BitTorrent Performance
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:32:32 +0200

Selon Andreas Neiser <address@hidden>:

> Andreas Neiser <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hello Mldonkey-users,
> >
> > i'm experiencing a strange behavior of mldonkey when I use the
> > BitTorrent PlugIn. The Overall-Performance is better then Donkey, but
> > in the beginning it is really fast (i have 22 BT-Files and nothing in
> > my queue), but then it becomes slower and slower. A restart of
> > mldonkey solves the "problem" and the performance is just like right
> > in the beginning.
> > I'm using the recent CVS Version (I guess 2.5-3).
> > Does anybody has same experiences?
>
> Additional Info:
> Because my provider disconnects me after 24 hours, I assume that this
> disconnect causes the trouble. In the opposite of the edonkey plugin, which
> doesn't really mind about a disconnect (after some minutes edonkey continues
> with normal speed, but BT decreases speed).
>
> cu
> andi

Can you try patch #1743, please?

At first i thought it solved the performance problem but i experienced it again.
Anyway it should improve a little performance by following more closely BT
protocol.
What this patch do :
- advertize to all peers that we have a new block/piece so they can update the
 'idea' of what we have and perhaps try to download from us. (i don't think we
did that in 2-5-3 version)
- Allow at least 5 BT uploaders (independant of upload slots) and rotate
them in order to choose the best ones (those where we had the highest download
rate during the previous 10 seconds  ).
BT seems very dependant of the way we choose uploaders and it's far from perfect
even with this patch.

NB: there's a little 'feature' in this patch : it display far too many
dowloaders in gui (i'll perhaps fix this one day)