Re: [Mldonkey-users] BitTorrent Performance

From: allo . cine
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] BitTorrent Performance
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:00:50 +0200

Quoting Andreas Neiser <address@hidden>:

> address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [...]
> > Can you try patch #1743, please?
> [several improvement ideas]
>
> Hm, in the moment I have my full bandwidth used by mldonkey's BT downloads,
                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^
Bittorrent is a file distributing system. You should really avoid downloading
more than one file concurrently. (Official client allow only one download)
And i will disable multiple download from bittorrent in a futur patch.

> so principally there is no need for a patch. But, of course, it would be
> nice that this will be integrated in the next cvs release (this is easier
> for me to apply the patch ;).
cd mldonkeysrcdir
patch -p0 < bt.patch

By the way, how far is the further development
> (especially the "parallel-Multinet-Downloads"), I personally have the
> feeling that things are falling asleep a bit (according to the ChangeLogs).
> But nevertheless, great work so far ;)
I don't know what the devs are doing atm, but they deserve holidays for all the
hard work done so far (thanks dev!)

Denis