Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: new CVS repository

From: vnc
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: new CVS repository
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:13:13 +0100

Hi,

spiralvoice wrote:

BTW: I saw that the project, in which the MLDonkey CVS is now, is G2GUI. Can I post patches for MLDonkey in that project?

I am currently looking into how to merge/handle the projects (g2gui/core) best. Actually the thought to move mldonkey to berlios has been in the room for quite a while now, so that berlios will also provide the new mldonkey.net stuff once completed. There have been thoughts about "never break a running system" however, but now as savannah is quite much down, this seems about to be the right time. There were also background issues (savannah==fsf), but berlios is also backed by some major german institutions.

Ultimately its still b8_bavard's decision, as he is the core-creator.

Dek wrote:
Sorry, but we don't want to mix up the two projects, we are only temporary hosts for mldonkey. But you can use the devel-forum on mldonkey-world for this task (if b8 knows this is the place where patches are at one place, he might come along ;-) )

Berlios (and other sf-like sites) usually handle multiple modules of a project well. I am currently looking in how good the handling actually is (patches/bugs/releasefiles). At least CVS is unproblematic. So I would not call the whole stuff "temporary" for now ;-) - at least until I checked it thouroughly.

@b8_bavard: why don't you create an own mldonkey-core project on berlios? Just a suggestion.

G2gui is filling an important gap in mldonkey: a crossplatform (frienly, yadda yadda, i know mlgui isn't thaat bad) gui. And actually it was planned from the beginning to merge with mldonkey at some time (though I am not sure if its already the time, but why not have both projects at least under one hat).

About the CVS-stuff and only the HEAD being available: We've (actually b8_bavard and savannah, that is) not had a backup of the /cvsroot/mldonkey directory which contains all stuff like diffs and tags.
Once we get it from savannah, it will be imported to berlios.

Bye for now,
vnc