Re: [Mldonkey-users] Running multiple instances

From: Bruno Saverio Delbono
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Running multiple instances
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 10:32:04 -0800

address@hidden wrote:

is it possible to run multiple instances of mldonkey (in different
directories) on the same machine, configuring each to use different ports?
We are 4 people living together and want to run mldonkey 4 times on our
Debian router/firewall. One instance for each one of us.

I wouldn't suggest it as your firewall would choke trying maintain all the state connections. Instead, run once instance of mldonkey on your firewall, save downloaded/temp files to a nfs mounted dir on a machine with diskspace and add controls (rules) so that other IP's on your network (you and your buddies) can connect to the web interface. You can then search and download all at the same time with only one instance.

HTH

--
Bruno Saverio Delbono
Systems Engineer