[Mldonkey-users] Downloading Bittorrents tracked by BNBT

From: Felix Braun
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Downloading Bittorrents tracked by BNBT
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:00:09 +0100

Hi there,

I'm having trouble downloading a Bittorrent which is tracked with an automatic
tracker such as BNBT with mldonkey 2.5.16. In particular I am trying to
download the latest KNOPPIX from

http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:6969/

I have tried pasting the URL given in the download link on that page, however
dllink says that it was "unable to match URL", probably because that URL does
not end in ".torrent".

I have also tried saving the .torrent-file on my harddrive. However if I say
"dllink /home/hazzl/incoming/KNOPPIX.torrent" (the filename I saved it under)
mldonkey says done, however the file does not show up in the transfer list.

Can anybody tell me what the correct procedure would be to get this to download
properly?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Felix