[Mldonkey-users] Re: download speed and queue problems

From: Michel Meyers
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: download speed and queue problems
Date: 31 Mar 2004 07:41:58 -0000

> > On the contrary, I also came to know that as mlnet has some memory

> > leaks (once it hogged about 1.3 GB overnight, resulting in a un-usable

> > system)and so it should be restarted frequently, about once a day.

I cannot confirm that. It definitely depends on your system. mlnet has been
running for days on mine without a single problem. It's current status for
example:

Session Uptime: 1153884 seconds (13+08:31)

  PID PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    COMMAND

 8397 13   0  169m 106m  70m S  1.8%  28.2%   mlnet

I once had over 200 downloads in the queue and have never experienced a single
memory leak to date! (The box is a P II 400 with 384MB RAM running Debian/GNU
Linux testing/sarge)

Greetings,

          Michel