Re: [Mldonkey-users] curses client?

From: Curtis Magyar
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] curses client?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:31:48 -0500

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 14:09 +1000, Joe wrote:
> Does anybody know of any curses based clients for mldonkey?
> Before you shout out "giftcurs" the one I tried worked partially -
> ie fasttrack network files displayed ok but everything else
> including download stats was either unreadable or just plain wrong.
>
> I run my mldonkey client on a p2-333 and as such fancy x-win clients
> etc are out of the picture - esp over a text based link.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them! :)
>
> Joe

I second the web based option.  I run mldonkey on a P90 nice'd to -2,
and it runs quite well.  Just open a browser, and go to
http://192.168.0.x:4080.   You can even forward it over ssh from
elsewhere in the world:

ssh -L 4001:mldonkeyip.net:4001 -L 4080:mldonkeyip.net:4080 sshhost.net

Where mldonkeyip.net is the host running mldonkey, and sshhost.net is
the ssh server to do the forwarding.  (They can be the same) and then go
to http://localhost:4080, and you can control the mldonkey at the end of
the tunnel.

--
Curtis