Re: preparing for release?

From: rory
Subject: Re: preparing for release?
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 10:37:29 -0800 (PST)

> There are following issues yet:
>
> 1.) dependency stuff
> 2.) persistent 'process->do_validate' flag (to keep monitoring state
> after configuration reload)

There are a few ways to do this I think:

1) Make a copy of processlist before re-init, and copy old dynamic values
(not just do_validate).2) Use some kind of db structure for the process list
that is persistant,
perhaps even across sessions (using a db file or something)

> I'm working now on dependecy stuff and i have maybe one wish - what
> about to use 'depend' statement to declare "master" process, instead of
>  present "slave" processes?

I thought about doing that, and found that one needs to loop more if done
that way.
I'll be looking at fixing the stuff up early next week.