Re: preparing for release? - example correction

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: preparing for release? - example correction
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 20:09:47 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

-------8<--------
check apache with pidfile /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid
depend sybase

check sybase with pidfile /var/run/sybase.pid
depend apache
-------8<--------
I'm sorry there's the right form i wanted to ask about:

-------8<--------
check apache with pidfile /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid
depend sybase

check sybase with pidfile /var/run/sybase.pid

I realized the other reason why I went this way as well. It's going to be
the case that multiple processes depend directly on one process, but not
the case where one process depends directly on multiple processes (if it
really does, chain them, if you can't chain them, you have a race
condition)

Yeah, your argues are good and it makes sense to use your present version (it needs at least fewer statements in the case that there are more processes dependant on one process as you described), so we should maybe stay with it as it is. Only one thing still resides in my head - at first sight i present 'depend name' statement as 'depend on name' (it is the cause why i asked it for). English is not my native language so maybe to the other people it makes no problem. In the case that it can cause mistake on first use for other people too, we shall maybe change the dictionary to be more transparent. What about it?

Martin