outstanding issues

From: Martin Pala
Subject: outstanding issues
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:29:36 +0100

Hi,

there are some issues, that we can live with:

1.) CVS keeps monitrc permission 0644 for monitrc. I tried (in the past) to remove monitrc from CVS and add it with new permissions, but it didn't help. Maybe i made it wrong way, maybe it isn't possible to do it. I found patch for CVS file permissions, it seems that it isn't supported by savannah. If it will not be possible to change it on the CVS, it will be nice to change it in the distribution at least (manualy to 0600). I submitted today query for permission change to savannah - we will see :)

2.) it will be needed to keep state of processes do_validate flag in the case of configuration reload. We discussed it, Rory and me submitted some hints. There is only one question - shall we release monit without this feature (now) or add it to 3.1?

Cheers,
Martin