Re: outstanding issues

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: outstanding issues
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:28:57 +0100

Agree :)

I hope i will finalize external configuration module for 4.0 - it will require such "cache" too.

Martin

Rory Toma wrote:

I vote for releasing without and also without changing too much of the
dependency code. What I'd like to do for 4.0 is incorporate external
data sources (like a gdbm file) to replace the processlist struct. Doing
so will require rewriting lots of code, and I think we'll end up with
something that's nice and clean. If we try to fix the below now, it'll
be a hack, and we really don't have much in the way of a good reason,
feature-wise, to change this.

2.) it will be needed to keep state of processes do_validate flag in the case of configuration reload. We discussed it, Rory and me submitted some hints. There is only one question - shall we release monit without this feature (now) or add it to 3.1?

Cheers,
Martin