Re: depend take 2

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: depend take 2
Date: 20 Dec 2002 19:06:23 +0100

<address@hidden> writes:

> After poking around, I think the following is the best course of
> action...
>
> Revert to the old code, and then, regardless of whether we revert or
> not, make the following changes: 1) Change the syntax to "depends"
> and add noise word "on", so we can have
>
> check foo
> depends on bar
>
> so it's nice and clear

depend is changed to depends in the new check-in. Yesterdays check-in
had a bug with regards to the do_validate flag as you rightly pointed
out. But I have worked some more with the depend stuff today and I
hope it's nailed now. IMHO I think the new code works better since it
actually traverse the dependency graph and restart entries when they
should be restarted. I have also cleaned up the code a bit. All in all
I advise strongly that we stay with the new implementaion unless
serious problems should pop-up, which I don't think.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland