Re: depend take 2

From: rory
Subject: Re: depend take 2
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:53:41 -0800 (PST)

After poking around, I think the following is the best course of action...

Revert to the old code, and then, regardless of whether we revert or not,
make the following changes:
1) Change the syntax to "depends" and add noise word "on", so we can
have

check foo
depends on bar

so it's nice and clear

2) Remove the sleep statement after spawn-start altogether (I've tested
this and it's OK)
3) Make the timeout counter only update after we try to start something.
This way, the sleep above is unneccessary.
What do people think?