Re: FW: Monit for HP/UX

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: FW: Monit for HP/UX
Date: 10 Jan 2003 10:05:42 +0100

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
>
> > Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > Funny you should mention this...
> > >
> > > I have an older HP machine, I just need a current version of HP/UX and I
> > > can throw it in the test harness.
> >
> > Cool, I think we should put in the patch for HP/UX then. I'm not sure
> > about the format of the patch with including header files with code,
> > what do others think?
>
> We should include the HP/UX stuff... but I have a different idea to
> include it.
>
> We have a sysdep_$ARCH.c and at configure time we put in the right $ARCH.
> So we just link the specific sysdep file.  I think that is much cleaner
> than the systep_$ARCH.h version.

Yep, I like this idea better also. To make this work with the
Makefile, use something like this:

# Filter out platform spesific files
FILTER          := $(wildcard process/sysdep_*.c)

# Source files
SOURCE          := $(filter-out $(GRAMMAR) $(FILTER), $(wildcard *.c) \
                   $(wildcard protocols/*.c) $(wildcard http/*.c) \
                   $(wildcard process/*.c)) $(GRAMMAR)  \
                   process/address@hidden@.c)

> I can put it all the stuff the next days.

Excellent

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland