Re: Preliminary log matching support (the third)

From: Marco Ermini
Subject: Re: Preliminary log matching support (the third)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:22:36 +0200

2005/8/3, Martin Pala <address@hidden>:
[...]
> Btw. regarding the regex library - i think that the system library
> (standard libc) is sufficient (it is conforming to POSIX). I'm not sure
> whether there is some advantage when we will bundle the optional regex
> library with monit?
[...]

Monit should be as atomic as possible because you want to run it from
init. And there are many variants of regex libraries: you want to
support a specific one which you are sure that works.

Finally, your system may have shared library for regex, but not a
static linkable one. You want to support Monit build with all static
library (this should be applied to other libraries as well, like
libxml and openssl).

Cheers!
--
Marco Ermini