Re: Preliminary log matching support (the third)

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Preliminary log matching support (the third)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 03:06:46 +0200

On 3. aug. 2005, at 22.50, Christian Hopp wrote:

Well it takes 6s to check 800regex for 400lines (at a max 320000 checks). I would advise to have less regexes. (:

Ah I read this wrongly as 6 sec to test a regex on 400 lines. Forget I said anything, did I say anything? :)

Yep, good idea. But matching needs to be ported to strings. Right now it won't start if you didn't compile monit with regex support and have a match statement in your monitrc.

Although very few will not have regex on the system, it should cost little to use the same string matching technique you already did for generic.c, and which I also copied into regex search for url's in protocol/http.c. That way we are consequent at least.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255