Re: [monit-dev] monitrc doesnt exist

From: pierrick grasland
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] monitrc doesnt exist
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:33:21 +0200

Hello,

I encounter this problem to on debian, so I don't think it's from the packaging.

IMHO it's from how monit search the config file.

Monit -t seems to search all default locations (including /etc/monit/monitrc in my case), but monit doesn't search his config file by default in /etc/monit/monitrc

So you can have a valid monitrc with monit -t, but no monitrc found when you launch monit.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Brian Candler <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 01:01:07AM -0700, ivanka ivanka wrote:
>    hi, i try monit on fedora core 6, but the monitrc file doesnt exist.
>    it say that " cannot find monitrc file". but i try monit -t and the
>    answer is "syntax ok"
>    whats wrong with my monit?

Try:

   strace monit

That may give you a better clue as to what file it's trying to open and
what's happening when it does.

Could also try: monit -c /path/to/monitrc

If you built from someone else's RPM file, you may find the config file is
somewhere else (e.g. /etc/monit.conf)

HTH,

Brian.