Re: Plans for the next release

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Plans for the next release
Date: 02 Jul 2002 00:02:30 +0200

"Martin Pala" <address@hidden> writes:

> > 5. Extend the port check to understand URLs - Martin and hauk will help :)
> > 6. Provide functionality for checking program CPU usage - hauk
>
> OK - no problem with 1+5 (=6) (i hope :)

Great, I have some ideas for 5. (played with the idea, way back) so
maybe we could make this into a combined effort.

and Jani Mikkonen idea about CPU usage is soo interessting that I'm
giving it at stab.

> > > - support for tcp-wrapper in monit httpd
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean, please explain
> >

> This may allow to use optionaly Wietse Venema's libwrap to do sanity check
> before monit httpd will accept connection - the access can be then
> additionaly restricted by standard TCP wrapper (/etc/host.allow and
> /etc/host.deny). It is only security extension - in any case it is always
> possible to do similar thing with filter (iptables/ipf/etc.) Maybe it will
> be better to keep the code simpler (not all sysadmins are paranoid like me
> :)

Interesting, but using iptables are easier :) Besides isn't it pretty
standard for all to use some kind of FW, my RH system came
preinstalled with ipchains/tables from v. 7.0.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland