Re: Plans for the next release

From: Rory Toma
Subject: Re: Plans for the next release
Date: 01 Jul 2002 15:15:37 -0700

> I'm not sure what the kernel developers responsible for init would
> think about this :)

Neither do I. I think eventually this is the way to go, but at first,
it's probably good to just have it take over after init.

> > I have a question about the web interface? Is it possible to still make
> > localhost connections (monit stop/start) but not display any html?
>
> You would have to hack the code then. F.ex. add a new parameter
> viewhtml=no and check the value in cervlet.c. But why would you do
> this?

I use the http interface as a command channel, and will have apps write
w/o a browser directly (over the VPN) to start/stop stuff. I do not want
stuff visible from a browser.

Perhaps the answer to this question (and the multiple interface ?) is to
add a non-webserver interface that just implements remote commands?

--
Rory Toma               address@hidden
VP of Run Level 5       http://www.trs80.net