monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Over-complicated debian/rules

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Over-complicated debian/rules
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:46:07 -0800

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Richard Levitte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Modern versions of dh are quite capable and really need a very small
> debian/rules.  From that point of view, the current 'rules' in
> org.debian.monotone{,.for-mtn-1.0} looks overly complicated and
> frankly, aged, and with hack upon hack, it's gotten a bit tangled to
> boot.  Does anyone mind if I try to remake it into something simpler,
> easier to follow?

You're welcome to try, but the last time I tried, (which was not so
long ago in Debian's terms) none of it could be deleted without
breaking something.  Note in particular that 'dh', AFAIK, still does
not support the hacks that are necessary to prevent the manual from
getting built on the buildds (which in turn is what keeps monotone
transitions from getting entangled with TeXLive transitions, so we
*really* do not want to lose that).

zw