monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Over-complicated debian/rules

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Over-complicated debian/rules
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 06:15:41 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:46:07 -0800, Zack Weinberg
<address@hidden> said:

zackw> You're welcome to try, but the last time I tried, (which was not so
zackw> long ago in Debian's terms) none of it could be deleted without
zackw> breaking something.  Note in particular that 'dh', AFAIK, still does
zackw> not support the hacks that are necessary to prevent the manual from
zackw> getting built on the buildds (which in turn is what keeps monotone
zackw> transitions from getting entangled with TeXLive transitions, so we
zackw> *really* do not want to lose that).

Oh, by the way, is this the reason for all the symlinking of
/usr/share/doc/monotone and /usr/share/doc/monotone-server to
monotone?  It does seem pretty ugly, and I'm not sure I see why we
don't do like all other -doc packages seem to do...

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/