monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Over-complicated debian/rules

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Over-complicated debian/rules
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:22:46 -0800

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Richard Levitte <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's still quite possible to keep those hacks, in form of overrides.
> It does mean, though, that all the standard junk kan be tossed and
> left to 'dh' to handle.

Well, again, I have no objection, but I think you'll find that there
simply isn't that much gain to be had.

> A question about buildds, do they not build monotone-doc?

Nope.  The buildds build only arch-dependent binary packages.
Arch-independent packages always come from the maintainer's upload at
present.  (I think there has been some discussion of changing this but
not anytime soon.)

> Oh, by the way, is this the reason for all the symlinking of
> /usr/share/doc/monotone and /usr/share/doc/monotone-server to
> monotone?  It does seem pretty ugly, and I'm not sure I see why we
> don't do like all other -doc packages seem to do...

That's unrelated and if you wanted to undo it I wouldn't much care.  I
did it that way because it seemed tidier on the installed system to
have all the documentation wind up in one directory and not ship three
copies of the same changelog and copyright files.

zw