[Monotone-devel] Re: stmp problems

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: stmp problems
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 22:26:31 -0500

Magnus Therning wrote:

It is reproducable (don't know if that's good or bad :-), simply put two
(one is too few, haven't tried three or more) email targets in the table

yeah, thanks to the log dump you mailed me, I reproduced this, it's just a small bug (missing copy constructor for a refcounted object, duh). I've posted a fix to my depot, it should work now.

There are some other problems with the smtp posting as well:

 - I am not sure that assuming that the domain of the email address has
   an accessible server is a good thing:

true enough, this ought to be more flexible, either via get_connect_addr or similar. would some docs on using get_connect_addr be enough for that?

 - In case 2 above the code for posting smtp_blobs will simply retry
   until the end of time :(

I think tromey noted this bug and I fixed it a couple days ago (was also happening with http error states). should be solved in my depot.

now, if we could just get you fetching packets :)

-graydon